Louisville Driver Error Attorneys
If you have been a victim of a car accident caused by another driver’s error, contact Sampson Law Firm for help. All drivers have a duty of care when they drive on public roads. They are responsible for ensuring that they drive in a way that promotes and ensures safety for them selves and all the other drivers on the road. When drivers fail in this duty, they can cause devastating accidents. Driver error is one of the most common causes of car accidents in the United States. However, as it is an extremely broad category, and many people find themselves uncertain of what actually constitutes driver error or when they have been affected by it. Similar to reckless driving, driver error is characterized by absentmindedness and carelessness while operating a vehicle.
Unfortunately, as our legal team at the Sampson Law Firm well knows, many people in Louisville suffer from the negative impact that an accident caused by driver error can have. From physical injuries to emotional trauma to serious financial burdens, the repercussions of these accidents can be great and long-lasting, often making it essential for a person to seek compensation from the person who caused the accident due to their own errors and recklessness. A Louisville driver error lawyer from Sampson Law Firm can fight for the compensation you deserve. To find out more about how we can help you, schedule a consultation by calling (502) 584-5050 today.
Why Do You Need a Lawyer?
Filing a civil case against the driver of the vehicle that caused your injuries can be daunting. If you are suffering from severe injuries, it can be almost impossible. To be able to prove that you should get compensation, you will have to prove that the driver was negligent, that their negligence caused your accident, that the accident caused you injuries, and that those injuries are severe. Proving these things requires you to provide medical records, lost wage documents, accident evidence and more. The legal process is lengthy, complex, and nuanced, and if you make a mistake along the way, it can harm your chances of receiving the compensation you are owed.
An experienced attorney can help you handle phone calls, insurance companies, court documents, and other things. Having a lawyer will make the process as stress-free as possible. Hiring an attorney that knows the intricacies of the law and knows what strategies work the best will ensure the best possible outcome for your case. This can relieve all of the stresses of your legal battle from you, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Sampson Law Firm?
Sampson Law Firm has been dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals in personal injury cases since 1997. We have earned a reputation for being successful personal injury lawyers and for being devoted to providing outstanding customer service.
Whether the case is settled or if it is taken to trial, our experienced attorneys will aggressively advocate for your interests and get you the best outcome possible. The Kentucky Trial Court Review has repeatedly listed Jeffrey T. Sampson among its “Most Prolific Trial Attorneys in Kentucky.” We are so confident in our ability to win your case that you will not pay unless we win.
You want an attorney that will get you the results you want. Our firm has an outstanding record of successes, including hundreds of thousands of dollars for car accident cases. You can be one of our many success stories.
Examples of Driver Error
To better understand driver error as a category of poor driving practices, it may help to know some examples of what is considered driver error. Most often, driver error accidents are caused by distracted driving. This can include texting or calling while driving. When a person is operating a motor vehicle, but is distracted by a conversation, they pay less attention to the road and make careless mistakes. Driving while fatigued could often have a similar result because of slowed reaction time when drivers are tired. Some common examples of driver error include:
- Failing to properly use turn signals: If a driver uses turn signals improperly, that can cause confusion and can lead to a car accident.
- Not merging properly or legally: If a driver does not signal and check the lane before merging, it is easy to miss smaller vehicles and cause an accident.
- Not checking blind spots before changing lanes: Similar to merging improperly, not checking blind spots before merging into a different lane can be dangerous since smaller cars may not be very obvious.
- Speeding: This is one of the most common forms of driver error. If a driver is speeding, it increases the time required to come to a stop in case of an emergency. It also requires you to react more quickly to sudden stops in traffic because you need more time to stop. Speeding in inclement weather is especially dangerous. If you are not cautious and drive at a reasonable speed during inclement weather, it can make it more probable that you will lose control of your vehicle and cause an accident.
- Driving the wrong way on a street: If a driver is not paying attention and misses a one-way sign, they can cause a devastating accident. A head-on collision can be very dangerous for everyone involved.
- Ignoring traffic signs: Traffic signs are there to direct hundreds of thousands of drivers on the road each day. If one driver ignores a stop sign or runs a red light, it can affect the people coming from other directions.
All of these behaviors can result in a driver causing a serious accident, which often also results in the debilitating harm of another driver or pedestrian.
Contact a Driver Error Attorney in Louisville
You should not have to deal with the dangerous behaviors of other drivers all on your own. If another driver’s error or negligent actions has led to your injury or injured someone you love, then the Louisville car accident attorneys at the Sampson Law Firm believe the careless driver should be held accountable. Call us at (502) 584-5050 to learn more about how we can possibly help you with a personal injury claim in such a situation.