Louisville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
It is widely known that motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous types of vehicle crashes. The motorcyclist may be wearing protective clothing and a helmet but has very little to otherwise protect them from harm in the event of an accident. Injuries are likely to be far more extensive than those associated with an auto accident. Many motorcyclists often deal with broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, or worse, in the event of a crash.
Have you been involved in a motorcycle-vehicle accident and been injured? Sampson Law Firm is a firm that is devoted to assisting you in all matters related to motorcycle accidents. We understand the kind of toll that this may take on many victims and their families in Louisville. We are on your side, and we want the victims to know that they are not without options. With the help of an experienced attorney at the Sampson Law Firm, we will assist you in filing a motorcycle accident claim and obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Statistics show that motorcycle accidents are by far one of the most prevalent and devastating of all accident cases. If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may have physical trauma such as whiplash, a broken leg, spinal cord damage, or other costly medical care. If someone else was at fault for the accident, whether due to reckless driving, auto malfunction or different reasons, injury victims can be entitled to receive compensation. When you have severe injuries, you may not even be able to work, causing you further emotional distress and loss of income for possibly an extended period. A personal injury attorney at the Sampson Law Firm will be able to review the details of your case and guide you through the legal process. We are here to help!
Since 1997, the Sampson Law Firm in Louisville has been devoting their time to protecting the rights of individuals in personal injury cases. Over the years, we have built a strong practice and reputation in our community and in the legal community of being able to litigate difficult cases aggressively. The Kentucky Trial Court Review has consistently listed Jeffrey T. Sampson among its “Most Prolific Trial Attorneys in Kentucky” over the past decade.
For nearly 20 years, the Sampson Law Firm has been a part of the Louisville community. The people we represent are not just our clients – they are our friends and neighbors. We will fight to protect your rights and the Louisville residents who suffer injuries in these types of accidents.
If you or someone you love has suffered a serious injury, contact the Sampson Law Firm for a consultation with a member of our team. When someone is injured by another person or loses a loved one, our legal team at Sampson Law Firm can ensure he or she gets the financial compensation that they need and deserve. If you or your family is struggling to recover following a motorcycle accident, call (502) 584-5050 to find out how we can help you.
Why Do I Need A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
After a serious injury accident, you may have many questions, including how can I pay my medical bills? Who is responsible for the damage to my property? How long will I be out of work? Do I need to hire an attorney?
As the injured party, you may be legally entitled to compensation which can include medical bills, physical therapy, lost wages, long-term care, and pain and suffering. Also, it is unlikely that you can get the fair compensation that you deserve without a lawyer to represent you. In fact, people who have an attorney can get three times the amount, or more, than those who attempt to settle on their own. Let us handle your case while you focus on recovering from your injuries fully.
Why Choose Sampson Law Firm To Handle My Case?
If you need an attorney in Louisville, you have a selection of other firms to work with. How do you know that they will fight for you and your family? Choosing the right attorney can determine the outcome of your case. The Sampson Law Firm has a strong track record of experience and longevity, with nearly 20 years in the Louisville community. Our firm has the experience necessary to handle complex personal injury cases while obtaining maximum compensation for our clients. Due to the recklessness of others, many of our clients are forced to suffer the serious repercussions that accompany a motorcycle accident. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us at (502) 584-5050 to discuss how we can help you get the fair and just compensation that you are owed.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The Sampson Law Firm has consistently won case after case related to motorcycle vehicle crashes that involved personal injuries or losses. Injuries and complications resulting from a motorcycle accident can have a wide range of serious consequences that can dramatically affect you and your family. Compensation can help to cover costs of medical treatment and loss of income, in addition to the emotional trauma and other consequences that may arise from serious injury. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver Error and Negligence – Many drivers today are distracted drivers. Accidents need to be avoided, but some drivers are unaware of their surroundings and cause serious accidents that could have been avoided. Drivers who contribute to an otherwise preventable crash, like looking at their cell phone, can usually be held financially liable for any accident that they may cause.
- Trucking Accidents – Truck accidents account for many accidents involving motorcycles. Often, the truck doesn’t yield to the bike, or doesn’t see it. Additionally, speed plays a significant role in truck accidents that involve motorcycles, and consequently, there are often severe injuries to the motorcyclist when a crash occurs.
- Motorcycle Defects – There are still numerous companies that have serious manufacturing and design defects, and they continue to harm motorcyclists in this country. Federal regulators have begun to take a more aggressive stance toward these companies. The Sampson Law Firm has the experience and resources that will be necessary to take on any company that is found to bear responsibility for the design or manufacturing defect that caused your injuries. If any design defect caused your motorcycle accident, your claim can help bring to light a more widespread issue, as this could help prevent future accidents and injuries.
- Road Defects – It is usually the responsibility of each municipality in the greater Louisville area that is responsible for the safety of the roadways that fall within their respective boundaries. Interstates like I-64, I-65, I-71, and I-264 typically fall under the care of the state, unless their maintenance has been sub-contracted to another agency or group. For example, construction companies are usually liable for the roadway care that falls within their construction zones. Our law firm can assist you to determine who may be held responsible for the accident if a road defect caused it.
- Drunk Driving Accident Victims – Although many drunk drivers are pulled off the road before they can cause an accident, many drunk drivers continue to cause serious accidents in Louisville. These types of accidents can be particularly dangerous, as many are caused in part by excessive speed, running stoplights and stop signs and reckless behavior that can be difficult to anticipate before any accident.
When you are involved in one of these or another accident caused by someone else’s negligence, an attorney at Sampson Law Firm can help you understand your legal options and take any necessary action to obtain the compensation that you deserve. When someone is injured by another person or loses a loved one, our knowledgeable and experienced legal team at the Sampson Law Firm will work tirelessly to ensure that you get the financial compensation that you need and deserve. If you and your family is struggling after a motorcycle accident, call us at (502) 584-5050 to get the help you need. We are on your side!
Frequently Asked Questions
At the Sampson Law Firm, we understand that suffering a serious injury can be a challenging and disorienting experience. Our Louisville legal team understands how difficult it can be to find the best answers to your questions on your own, so we have worked to put together the following list of frequently asked questions. If your problem is not here or would like to speak with our staff, please contact us today at (502) 584-5050 to find out how we can best assist you.
How long will my case take?
There is no set amount of time for any one case. Many factors can contribute to the length of a case, such as finding legal representation, contesting your claim, conducting research for the court, acquiring funds for court costs, and more. Your case could take only a few weeks, months, or it could take longer, depending on your circumstances.
How much compensation can I expect to receive?
Individual compensation amounts are difficult to estimate. Since every case is unique to the injuries and harm that a person has suffered, the compensation that he or she should seek and could potentially receive will vary. The compensation that you will obtain if you win the case, will be based on medical bills, future expenses, and other factors. It is best to discuss potential compensation with your attorney.
What questions should I ask an attorney I’m thinking about hiring?
Some questions that you might consider asking include: 1) Have you been successful in cases that are like mine? How many? 2) Do your fees ever change, and what exactly do they include? 3) What is the best way to reach you if I have questions?
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
It is important to stress that safe motorcycling takes balance, coordination, and sound judgment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists are more than 30 times more likely to die in a crash than occupants of automobiles, and five times more likely to be injured. The NHTSA also states some critical findings:
- When the universal helmet law was repealed in Kentucky in 1998, motorcycle fatalities increased by over 50 percent.
- In 2014, there were 1,275 motorcycle injuries and 76 fatalities in Kentucky. Of those injured, 668 were not wearing a helmet. Of those killed, 46 were not wearing a helmet.
- In states without a universal helmet law, 65 percent of motorcyclists killed in 2011 were not wearing helmets.
- In states with a universal helmet law, 9 percent of motorcyclists killed were not wearing a helmet.
NHTSA estimates that helmets reduce motorcycle rider fatalities by 22 to 37 percent and brain injuries by 44 to 65 percent. For every 100 motorcycle riders killed in crashes while not wearing a helmet, 37 of them could have been saved had all 100 worn helmets.
Contact Us Today
The personal injury attorneys at the Sampson Law Firm have been in the Louisville area for many years. We know the people in this area and how hard they work for their paychecks. When an unexpected motorcycle accident hits and you are unable to work, we know the worry and suffering you may experience. For nearly twenty years, our knowledgeable attorneys have worked non-stop to make sure our clients get what they deserve. At our firm, we believe that no one should have to pay for the consequence of a motorcycle accident that they did nothing to cause. If you have been injured in a crash in Kentucky, don’t wait any longer to consult the Sampson Law Firm today at (502) 584-5050. We are on your side and are ready to fight for you.