Louisville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
It is widely known that motorcycle accidents are some of the most dangerous types of vehicle crashes. The motorcyclist may wear a helmet and other protective clothing but does not otherwise have any safety features to protect them from harm in the event of an accident. Injuries are likely to be far more extensive than those associated with an auto accident. Many motorcyclists suffer broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, or worse, in the event of a crash.
Have you been involved in a motorcycle-vehicle accident and been injured? The Louisville personal injury law firm, Sampson Law Firm, is a firm that is devoted to assisting you in all matters related to motorcycle accidents. We understand the kind of toll that this may take on many victims and their families in Louisville. We are on your side, and we want the victims to know that they are not without options. With the help of a Louisville motorcycle lawyer at the Sampson Law Firm, we will assist you in filing a motorcycle accident claim and obtain the compensation that you deserve.
If you are hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may have physical trauma such as whiplash, a broken leg, neck and spine injuries, or other costly medical care. If the accident was caused by someone else, whether due to reckless driving, auto malfunction or different reasons, injury victims can be owed fair and just compensation. When you have severe injuries, you may not even be able to work, causing you further emotional distress and loss of income for possibly an extended period. Our skilled and knowledgeable Louisville motorcycle accident attorneys at Sampson Law Firm will be able to review the details of your case and guide you through the legal process. We are here to help!
Why Choose Sampson Law Firm To Handle My Motorcycle Accident Case?
Since 1997, the Sampson Law Firm in Louisville has been devoting their time to protecting the rights of individuals in personal injury cases. Over the years, we have built a strong practice and reputation in our community and in the legal community of being able to litigate difficult cases aggressively. The Kentucky Trial Court Review has consistently listed Jeffrey T. Sampson among its “Most Prolific Trial Attorneys in Kentucky” over the past decade.
For nearly 20 years, the Sampson Law Firm has been a part of the Louisville community. The people we represent are not just our clients – they are our friends and neighbors. We will fight to protect your rights and the Louisville residents who suffer injuries in these types of accidents.
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious injury, contact a Louisville motorcycle accident attorney with Sampson Law Firm today. If you are facing serious financial problems while trying to recover following a motorcycle accident, call (502) 584-5050 to find out how we can help you.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
The Sampson Law Firm has consistently won case after case related to motorcycle vehicle crashes that involved personal injuries or losses. Compensation can help to cover costs of medical treatment and loss of income, in addition to the emotional trauma and other consequences that may arise from serious injury. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver Error and Negligence – If a driver fails to observe the rules of the road, or if they choose to operate a vehicle while distracted, they may cause a severe injury accident.
- Trucking Accidents – Truck accidents account for many accidents involving motorcycles. Often, the truck doesn’t yield to the bike, or doesn’t see it. Additionally, speed plays a significant role in truck accidents that involve motorcycles, and consequently, there are often severe injuries to the motorcyclist when a crash occurs.
- Motorcycle Defects – There are still numerous companies that have serious manufacturing and design defects, and they continue to harm motorcyclists in this country. Federal regulators have begun to take a more aggressive stance toward these companies. The Sampson Law Firm has the experience and resources that will be necessary to take on any company that is found to bear responsibility for the design or manufacturing defect that caused your injuries. If any design defect caused your motorcycle accident, your claim can help bring to light a more widespread issue, as this could help prevent future accidents and injuries.
- Road Defects – It is usually the responsibility of the municipalities in the greater Louisville area that are responsible for the safety of the roadways that fall within their respective boundaries. Interstates like I-64, I-65, I-71, and I-264 typically fall under the care of the state, unless their maintenance has been sub-contracted to another agency or group. For example, construction companies are usually liable for the roadway care that falls within their construction zones. Our law firm can assist you to determine who may be held responsible for the accident if a road defect caused it.
- Drunk Driving Accident Victims – Although many drunk drivers are pulled off the road before they can cause an accident, many drunk drivers continue to cause serious accidents in Louisville. These types of accidents can be particularly dangerous, as many are caused in part by excessive speed, running stoplights and stop signs and reckless behavior that can be difficult to anticipate before any accident.
When you are involved in one of these or another accident caused by someone else’s negligence, an attorney at Sampson Law Firm can help you understand your legal options and take any necessary action to obtain the compensation that you deserve. When someone is injured by another person or loses a loved one, our knowledgeable and experienced legal team at the Sampson Law Firm will work tirelessly to ensure that you get the financial compensation that you need and deserve. If you and your family is struggling after a motorcycle accident, call us at (502) 584-5050 to get the help you need. We are on your side!
Frequently Asked Questions
At the Sampson Law Firm, we understand that suffering a serious injury can be a challenging and disorienting experience. Our Louisville legal team understands how difficult it can be to find the best answers to your questions on your own, so we have worked to put together the following list of frequently asked questions. If your problem is not here or would like to speak with our staff, please contact us today at (502) 584-5050 to find out how we can best assist you.
When can I expect that my case will be resolved?
There is no set amount of time for any one case. Many factors can contribute to the length of a case, such as finding legal representation, contesting your claim, conducting research for the court, acquiring funds for court costs, and more. Your case could take only a few weeks, months, or it could take longer, depending on your circumstances.
What kind of compensation can I expect to receive?
Individual compensation amounts are difficult to estimate. Since every case is unique to the injuries and harm that a person has suffered, the compensation that he or she should seek and could potentially receive will vary. The compensation that you will obtain if you win the case, will be based on medical bills, future expenses, and other factors. It is best to discuss potential compensation with your attorney.
What questions should I ask an attorney I’m thinking about hiring?
Some questions that you might consider asking include: 1) Have you been successful in cases that are like mine? How many? 2) Do your fees ever change, and what exactly do they include? 3) What is the best way to reach you if I have questions?
Motorcycle Accidents: By the Numbers
It is important to stress that safe motorcycling takes balance, coordination, and sound judgment. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), per vehicle mile traveled, motorcyclists are more than 30 times more likely to die in a crash than occupants of automobiles, and five times more likely to be injured. The NHTSA also states some critical findings:
- When the universal helmet law was repealed in Kentucky in 1998, motorcycle fatalities increased by over 50 percent.
- In 2014, there were 1,275 motorcycle injuries and 76 fatalities in Kentucky. Of those injured, 668 were not wearing a helmet. Of those killed, 46 were not wearing a helmet.
- In states without a universal helmet law, 65 percent of motorcyclists killed in 2011 were not wearing helmets.
- In states with a universal helmet law, 9 percent of motorcyclists killed were not wearing a helmet.
Contact Us Today
The personal injury attorneys at the Sampson Law Firm have been in the Louisville area for many years. We know the people in this area and how hard they work for their paychecks. When an unexpected motorcycle accident hits and you are unable to work, we know the worry and suffering you may experience. For nearly twenty years, our knowledgeable attorneys have worked non-stop to make sure our clients get what they deserve. At our firm, we don’t think that you should pay for the consequences of a motorcycle accident that was not your fault. If you have been injured in a crash in Kentucky, don’t wait any longer to consult the Sampson Law Firm today at (502) 584-5050. We are on your side and are ready to fight for you.